Tuesday, April 30, 2019

This Year's Rondo Winners Announced

The winners, runners-up, and honorary mentions in the 17th Annual Rondo Hatton Classic Horror Awards have been announced and the list can be found here. Congratulations to everyone whose work was rewarded and recognized! And a big thanks to Mr. David Colton for all the hard work he puts into formally appreciating all the hard-working people who devote themselves to the field of horror and fantasy in film.

This year, I was pleased and honored to have my work on Kino Lorber's THE NIGHT STALKER and THE NIGHT STRANGLER voted Best Commentary, and I'm extremely proud to have been part of David J. Schow's team of commentators for Kino's two OUTER LIMITS box sets, whose bounty (beginning with 42 audio commentaries!) was rightly acknowledged as recognized as Best Package of DVD Extras. My thanks to Kino Lorber's Frank Tarzi and Bret Wood for involving me in these terrific projects. 

I was also surprised and delighted that Video WatchBlog placed as one of the Runners-up for Best Website, its first success in this category for a good many years. I may not be here every day, but I like to think what I deliver is cherce.

Incredible as it seems, this Best Commentary Rondo is my nineteenth, including the Hall of Fame and Legacy Awards, though there are other wins by association, as with Tom Weaver's Rondo-winning interview with Donnie Dunagan, which I published in VIDEO WATCHDOG #112, and now the OUTER LIMITS Rondo. Rondo and its supporters have been very good to me.

There is honor too in just being nominated, and I was pleased to have my SPIRITS OF THE DEAD monograph nominated for Best Book among so many other worthy projects. I knew it was a long shot, because it's a monograph - about one film - and, in this case, a film that's generally considered uneven and offbeat. For me, the book itself is my reward - I'm so pleased with it and so delighted it exists. In case you still haven't bought yours, here's a handy link to its Amazon page.

(c) 2019 by Tim Lucas. All rights reserved.