Thursday, September 25, 2008

HELP! Yourself


A word to the wise: If you hurry, there's a chance you could score a mint copy of the deluxe box set edition of HELP! (which lists at $134.99) for less than twenty dollars.

Amazon.com's sellers page for the film opens with a dealer called Warehouse Deals whose orders are fulfilled by Amazon.com. They are offering copies of the set for only $16.62, noting that there is a "Large crack on boxed set case. Large cut on boxed set case. Large mark on boxed set case. Large scratch on boxed set case. Manufacturer shrink-wrapped. All purchases eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy."

Marty McKee, via John Charles, informed me and a group of other correspondents that he ordered a copy and received a deluxe edition in mint condition. Knowing a good deal when I see one, I promptly did the same and today also received a mint condition, sealed copy.

I don't know how long the supply of mint copies will last, so interested parties should roll the dice now. I'm not saying you won't get a cracked, cut, marked copy like the one described by the seller, but Marty and I didn't.