Tuesday, May 23, 2006

What Are You Doing Here

... when you could be visiting If Charlie Parker Was a Gunslinger, There'd Be a Whole Lot of Dead Copycats (Cultural and Personal Observations by Tom Sutpen and Stephen Cooke) and downloading mp3s of the original interview tapes that composed the classic reference HITCHCOCK/TRUFFAUT?

HITCHCOCK/TRUFFAUT was the first book on film I ever bought, incidentally, at age 11 or 12 or thereabouts. I've always loved it, and Mr. Sutpen reports that the tapes are even better and more revealing. My thanks to him for sharing with the world.

The sixth installment (of a total projected 12 hours out of the complete 50) was posted on May 21; use the blog's search engine to locate the previous five. Make sure your computer knows where to send the sound files, right click, and you're in business.

Thanks to David Hudson of GreenCine Daily (one of my daily stops) for bringing this to my attention.