Saturday, January 07, 2006

Smash-Up: The Story of a PC Filing Cabinet

Just a brief note to acknowledge that my Outlook Express filing cabinet experienced a minor disaster within the last few days. In short, while I was preparing to shut down the other night, my OE folders began to automatically compress, and the most recent contents of my mail folders were either compressed, reassigned to the wrong folders, or jettisoned altogether. Beats me. Donna is looking into the problem, but as things now stand, the complete records of my e-mail correspondence covering the last couple of months presently appear to be lost and irretrievable. If you were corresponding with me about anything, are awaiting a reply, and haven't heard back, it may be because I've lost our correspondence and your e-mail address. Don't hesitate to write me if you are expecting a reply about an article submission, or if you and I were conducting any other business that may have gotten wiped out in this mix-up. Donna's computer was NOT affected, so please understand this notice does NOT apply to back issue orders, subscriptions, or any VW-related business other than that which directly concerns me. Oh, well -- another reason why paper still rules! Thanks.