Monday, April 17, 2023

THE BOOK OF RENFIELD Returns... in a Newly Revised Edition


If that new RENFIELD comedy from Universal has left you pining for a more serious treatment of Bram Stoker's classic character, my 2005 novel THE BOOK OF RENFIELD: A GOSPEL OF DRACULA - which incorporates material from Stoker's DRACULA, making it technically the first-ever "mash-up" novel - is finally back in print, but in a form its readers have never before enjoyed.
Though the novel has always enjoyed a very high readers' rating at both Amazon and Goodreads, I've returned to the original text and corrected a number of things that didn't sit right with me, revising not only wording and language, but rearranging some content and also adding some passages I had deleted from the first edition. It's now a longer, smoother and, in my opinion, more satisfying telling of this terrifying and heart-wrenching story of how and why R. M. Renfield was chosen by Dracula to serve as his vanguard at Carfax Asylum.
In addition, I've written a lengthy Afterword that tells the story behind this book, and I'm proud to note that my friend STEPHEN R. BISSETTE has also contributed a most wonderful Foreword to the package.
This new edition is published by Riverdale Avenue Books, and as such it represents my reunion with publisher-editor LORI PERKINS, who was my literary agent for both this novel and my first, THROAT SPROCKETS. She tells me that the book's first-ever HARDCOVER printing will be available for ordering very shortly; however, the DIGITAL edition is available NOW through Amazon! (Here's the link.) An AUDIO BOOK edition, another first, is also forthcoming...