Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Jean-Luc Godard (1930 - 2022)


I am seeing reports all over my news feed that Jean-Luc Godard has quit smoking.

No, not really, but I find this subterfuge of mine more acceptable than the abounding rumor that he has died.

About this, I can only say perhaps for you, but not for me. I still have films from all his many periods still to discover and rediscover, so we have much unfinished business to conduct.

Godard is a true critic of the cinema in that his films really cannot be viewed, only re-viewed so, in terms of our discreet rapport, he will almost certainly outlast me.


(c) 2022 by Tim Lucas. All rights reserved.

Subscribe to Tim Lucas / Video WatchBlog by Email

If you enjoy Video WatchBlog, your kind support will help to ensure its continued frequency and broader reach of coverage.