Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Cast Your Ballot for the 19th Annual Rondo Awards!


I'm a bit derelict in noting this, but this year's Rondo Hatton Classic Horror Awards nominations were announced a few weeks back. There is still plenty of time to vote and to catch up on your viewing before you cast your ballots. 

I've been nominated for Favorite Commentator and Video WatchBlog is among the nominees for Best Website. There is also one other nomination I'm particularly excited about: the alternate edit of Robert Florey's MURDERS IN THE RUE MORGUE that I first proposed in VIDEO WATCHDOG #111, which Gary L. Prange subsequently fine-tuned, has been nominated for Best Blu-ray/DVD Extra as part of the Eureka!/Masters of Cinema three-disc release THREE EDGAR ALLAN POE ADAPTATIONS. When I wrote my initial article, I rearranged the order of the film's scenes entirely in my head, without actually cutting anything together, so I was as impressed as anybody when I saw the final result, especially in the film's current revelatory 1080p presentation. It would be such a treat were it to win the category... but it's a UK import release and not even formally acknowledged as bonus content, so it's not the most convenient of nominees to formally check out. But if you own the set and were unaware of this treasure, you can find the alternate cut by highlighting "Still Gallery" on the main menu and then clicking Arrow Left to the film's title. You'll be glad you did! 

I'm sure Gary and I (and our friends at Eureka!) would be honored to receive your vote in this, as would I for either of the other two nominations, or even the write-in categories, if you think me deserving. There is such a lot of worthy talent on this year's ballot. 

If you're ready to cast your votes or just want to check out the nominees, follow this highlighted link to rondoaward.com and look over the ballot. Then, when you're ready, follow the directions. Rondo maestro David Colton will be accepting votes (and even changes of votes) until Sunday night at 12:00 am Midnight, 25 April. 


(c) 2021 by Tim Lucas. All rights reserved.

Subscribe to Tim Lucas / Video WatchBlog by Email

If you enjoy Video WatchBlog, your kind support will help to ensure its continued frequency and broader reach of coverage.