Wednesday, August 05, 2020

The New Blogger, etc.

Your humble blogger, and the "new" Big Boy.

I can't tell you how much I hate the "New Blogger," which is presently an optional choice for its users but will become standard on August 24. Granted, it does seem to be offering some new tricks, but it's another steep slope to suddenly have to learn and it imposes a new look on Video WatchBlog that I don't find at all progressive, interfering particularly in the space between my photo captions and the text wrapped around them. This adjustment basically gives me the option of going back and "fixing" all the work I've done on close to 1500 entries, or letting it stand like I don't care. I do, but it wouldn't be worth my while - nor yours. I haven't even figured out yet how to edit. Suddenly more than a decade of work is turned topsy-turvy. I guess I should look into my redesigning options.

Sorry to have missed some days, but I've been caught up in some real life obligations - including the audio commentary I've just finished scripting for Via Vision in Australia, for DANGER: DIABOLIK. I may be recording this tonight. In case you're wondering, my most recent audio commentary releases have been for Kino Lorber: SUPERNATURAL with Carole Lombard, BRIGHTON ROCK with Richard Attenborough, Joseph Losey's SECRET CEREMONY (beware - for reasons I don't understand, Amazon appears to be selling only the UK Indicator release, which doesn't have my commentary) and John Gilling's THE FLESH AND THE FIENDS. There is also Via Vision's heroic single box set of the original THE OUTER LIMITS: THE COMPLETE SERIES, which contains a wealth of additional material that didn't make it into the domestic releases, including a new commentary by me for "The Hundred Days of the Dragon," as well as David J. Schow's new track for "The Architects of Fear" and Craig Beam's for "The Man Who Was Never Born" - and much, much else. For a full breakdown of the set and ordering information, go here.

My forthcoming audio commentaries include THE BALCONY (Jean Genet play filmed with a surreal US cast by Joseph Strick), ULYSSES (1954, with Kirk Douglas), and THE CHALK GARDEN (Deborah Kerr, Hayley and John Mills, Dame Edith Evans), all for the good folks at Kino Lorber. I lost a month by working on an epic commentary track for a release that may never see the light of day; a similar situation to last year's LOST HIGHWAY imbroglio. I was paid for it, so unless I'm given specific permission from my contractor, I won't be able to share it freely online as I did before. That said, from what I've heard, the situation may not be entirely settled, so I'll let you know if and when it might become available.   



(c) 2020 by Tim Lucas. All rights reserved.

Subscribe to Tim Lucas / Video WatchBlog by Email

If you enjoy Video WatchBlog, your kind support will help to ensure its continued frequency and broader reach of coverage.