Wednesday, September 25, 2019

The Return of the VIDEO WATCHDOG Round Table!

Brad Pitt gets some slobbering love from Brandy the Dog in ONCE UPON A TIME IN... HOLLYWOOD. 


If memory serves, and it doesn't always, the last VIDEO WATCHDOG Round Table Discussion was in VW #136, when Stephen R. Bissette, Shane M. Dallmann, Kim Newman and I discussed Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez's self-styled double feature GRINDHOUSE - at great length. After I turned in my recent essay on ONCE UPON A TIME IN... HOLLYWOOD, the folks at the New Beverly Cinema site asked me if I might reunite that particular round table to have a go at Quentin's latest and, happily, everyone was willing, able and excited to take part. Within a few days of starting, the four of us had amassed a highly loquacious - and, we hope, insightful - conversation spanning more than 10,000 words - and it's now available for you to read and enjoy at the other end of this link

(c) 2019 by Tim Lucas. All rights reserved.