Sunday, April 10, 2016

Vote for the Rondo Awards! Before Midnight!



Oops!
I was so focused on other social media that I completely neglected to mention here that VIDEO WATCHDOG has received five nominations for the Rondo Hatton Classic Horror Award this year!

Best Magazine!

Best Article: Two nominations - one for Eric Somer's excellent essay on THE SHINING and ROOM 237 in VW 178...
and one for "Vincent Price: I Like What I See" by Yours Truly in VW 179!

Best Columnist - Larry Blamire's delightful Star Turn!

 And Charlie Largent's Kubrick cover for VW 178 has received a Best Cover nomination!

Additionally, I have been nominated for Best Commentary for my work on Kino's BLACK SABBATH and Arrow's BLOOD AND BLACK LACE! That's one vote for both, not a divided vote. (Hey, if you liked one of the six other commentaries I released last year better - like VIDEODROME, EYES WITHOUT A FACE, TALES OF TERROR, X - THE MAN WITH THE X-RAY EYES or THE EROTIC RITES OF FRANKENSTEIN - or even the totality of my work in this area for 2015, just go ahead and vote for me - I won't tell!) 

Mind you, VIDEO WATCHDOG contributors are also eligible for such write-in categories as Best Writer, Best Artist, Best International Fan, Monster Kid of the Year and Monster Kid Hall of Fame!

If you've not done so already, please pop over to www.rondoaward.com and show your support for all the people who give of their time and passion to write and illustrate the history of fantastic cinema!

The voting ends at 12:00am eastern time tonight! Thank you for your time and consideration!

Our thanks, as always, to David Colton and his advisors for recognizing our work in these categories!