Wednesday, January 16, 2008

In Work Mode

Donna tells me that VW associate editor John Charles dropped her a line yesterday. He said that he assumed, because I hadn't blogged since Saturday, that I was deep in my editorial duties. Indeed I am.

Sorry for the silence. I had intended to blog about Kent Jones' very fine documentary VAL LEWTON: THE MAN IN THE SHADOWS on Monday, but the day got away from me. I have more writing yet to do for the next issue of VIDEO WATCHDOG, as well as editing everyone else's work, and this is going to be a major, major issue. We're not ready to announce the subject of our feature article/interview, but I can tell you this much -- VW #137 will be the second issue in our history (the first since #112's Donnie Dunagan interview by Tom Weaver) to be released in standard format as well as a limited Signature Edition. Stay tuned for more details.

This is also one of those home improvement weeks, plus our TV is dying and needs to be replaced. (Please, no advice/recommendations -- we know what we want and we're already on the case, not that this makes it any easier.)

It's doubtful I'll have more to post here until next week, but you never know. In the meantime, I have added to the Bava book blog in the past few days...