Thursday, November 22, 2007

I Don't Wanna Go Down to the Basement

I stumbled onto this homemade cartoon at YouTube and had to share it with you, though it's more appropriate to Halloween than Thanksgiving. Never mind that; you'll be thankful for the link. The piece is uncredited but I think it's an absolutely wonderful idea and, remarkably, executed to nearly the point of perfection, though I'd be surprised if more than one person was involved in its creation. If it was more polished than this, it would likely lose some of its charm, just as the music would, had it incorporated more than a few chords. I'm telling you, if something like this was on one of the cartoon networks, in a program akin to the old Al Brodax-produced Beatles cartoons, I would watch it religiously every day -- and I bet at least half of young America would, too.