Monday, July 02, 2007

What, Me Thinking?

Jeremy Richey's Moon in the Gutter blog, which I've recommended to you in the past, has seen fit to "tag" me with a Thinking Blogger Award. There's no tangible award involved; rather, it's a thumbs-up from a fellow blogger, entitling one to include the above jpg with one's blogging and their blessing. I have no idea who started this ball rolling, but I'm flattered that it came to me before it rolled full-circle.

As I explained to Jeremy, I'm appreciative of his supportive gesture but I was reluctant to acknowledge it because that meant compliance with the rules that come with winning this honor, particularly the meme-like obligation to reassign it to five other worthy blogs. I'm really not that much into reading blogs, especially not film-related ones. (Believe me, I have enough film-related material to read by publishing a monthly magazine!) So the few blogs I do frequent, like Jeremy's, typically touch on a variety of different subjects. Also, the blogs I like can be, but are not necessarily, cerebral. Some are, but in many cases, I'm most attracted to the personality of the blogger, their kindred quality, their point of view, the brand of information or wisdom they impart.

As I was saying, it was my intention to thank Jeremy privately for his kindness (which I did) and otherwise pretend it didn't happen (which he understood), but now Peter Nellhaus over at Coffee Coffee and More Coffee has seen fit to give me an Honorable Mention on his list... so I'm feeling like I must make some kind of acknowledgement or run the risk of appearing snobbish.

So, okay, I'll tag some thinking blogs. Here are some personal favorites -- in no particular order, other than "ladies first" -- that I believe would make honorable additions to the roster. I don't know any of these bloggers personally and, to the best of my knowledge, none have been previously tagged:

THE SHEILA VARIATIONS by Sheila O'Malley

IF CHARLIE PARKER WAS A GUNSLINGER THERE'D BE A WHOLE LOT OF DEAD COPYCATS by Tom Sutpen, Stephen Cooke and Richard Gibson

ROBERT FRIPP'S DIARY

MORRICONE LOVER by Soundtrack Lover

JAHSONIC: A VOCABULARY OF CULTURE by Anonymous

I don't want to explain why I chose these particular blogs. Follow the links, check them out, and come to an understanding of your own. Likewise, I'm not going to tell any of these bloggers that I've "tagged" them. They can find out for themselves -- by reading my (ahem, award-winning) blog.