Monday, December 26, 2005

Boxing Day Blessings

Today I was touched to discover that both Glenn Erickson's DVD Savant and Dave Kehr's davekehr.com blog have featured links to Video WatchBlog's "VW Kennel's Favorite DVDs of 2005" lists. The gesture is much appreciated, as are Dave's kind words about me and VW in general.

We had a visitor this morning, but my day has mostly been about delving into my gifts and enjoying some nice Sumatra decaf and Donna's pumpkin pie heavily mortared with Cool Whip. I've been perusing the excellent MOJO book THE BEATLES: TEN YEARS THAT SHOOK THE WORLD, Bob Spitz's new Beatles biography (much of which I gulped down last night -- it conveys a much greater sense of the stress and difficulty of being a Beatle than anything else I've read or seen), whilst listening to Bear Family's 8-CD Del Shannon box set (which sounds predictably fantastic and contains a previously unreleased novelty track called "Froggy" that I absolutely love) and an intriguing CD called MAMA KANGAROOS: PHILLY WOMEN SING CAPTAIN BEEFHEART -- which is exactly what it says it is.