Sunday, October 16, 2005

First Week Stats

My greetings to you all on this chilly Cincinnati Sunday.

Today marks the first week anniversary of the day Video WatchBlog "went public" -- that is, when I first announced it and the blog received its first visitors. WatchBlog has received a warm welcome with a total of 4,419 visits this week, averaging 597 visits per day; Tuesday was our best day, Monday being a national holiday, with something like 920 visitors -- 300+ more than our daily average. Having the first online review of Argento's BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE helped, it seems. We've also had 7,016 page visits this week, averaging 949 per day, and Site Meter shows that the WatchBlog's readership literally encircles the globe, reaching from Quebec to Singapore, from Iceland to Cape Town. Doing this has meant a lot of extra writing on my part (everybody's asking me where I find the time), so I'm pleased to know there are a lot of you out there reading it.

Donna and other friends have been cautioning me to pace myself, but I wanted the WatchBlog's first week to show everyone how good it could be. I'll try to live up to that standard as much as I can, as long as it's worth doing, and as long as it's fun... but mind you, I have other things to do, and still other things I should be doing, so I can't be going full tilt here all the time. But you can certainly look forward to the WatchBlog going full tilt tomorrow, as I've written another LONG piece on a popular topic which I believe you'll find worthy of your time and attendance...